As a subject matter expert in the realm of drinking games, I have had my fair share of experiences playing and creating various games for different settings. While house parties and tailgates are often the go-to venues for these fun activities, bar and pub settings can also serve as great places to play drinking games. In this article, I will share some of my favorite drinking games specifically designed for bars and pubs, so grab a pint and let’s dive right in!
Flip Cup Challenge
When it comes to bar and pub drinking games, Flip Cup Challenge takes the crown as one of the most iconic and crowd-pleasing favorites. The great thing about this game is that it requires minimal equipment, making it perfect for any bar setting.
1. Divide players into two teams, with an equal number of players on each side of the table.
2. Each player starts with a beer-filled plastic cup on the edge of the table.
3. The first players on each team must drink their beer, place their cup on the edge of the table and successfully flip it upside down using only one hand.
4. Once flipped, the next player on the team can start drinking and flipping their cup.
5. The first team to successfully finish flipping all their cups wins the game.
Keep in mind that communication and coordination are key in Flip Cup Challenge. Shouts of encouragement and cheers add to the lively atmosphere of the bar or pub.
Beer Pong Pub Style
Beer Pong is another classic drinking game that has become a staple at college parties. However, with a few tweaks, you can adapt this game to a bar or pub setting without the need for a ping pong table.
1. Set up a triangular formation of cups at the end of a long table, similar to the traditional Beer Pong setup.
2. Instead of using ping pong balls, players throw a ball of crumpled up paper towards the cups.
3. If the ball lands in a cup, the opponent must drink the beer from that cup and then remove it from play.
4. The first team to eliminate all of the opponent’s cups wins the game.
Beer Pong Pub Style is a great game choice for bars and pubs due to its simplicity. It can easily be played on any regular table, making it accessible even in crowded settings.
Kings is an entertaining card-based drinking game that can keep the fun flowing throughout the night at a bar or pub. All you need is a deck of cards and a group of willing participants.
1. Arrange the cards in a circle around a central cup, face-down.
2. Each card represents a different action that players must undertake when drawn:
– Ace: “Waterfall” – Everyone starts drinking simultaneously and cannot stop until the person to their right stops.
– King: “Category” – The person who drew the card chooses a category, and players take turns naming something related to that category. The first person who can’t come up with a new answer drinks.
– Queen: “Question Master” – The person who drew the card becomes the Question Master. They can randomly ask questions to other players, and anyone who fails to answer with a question must drink.
– Jack: “Never Have I Ever” – The person who drew the card starts by saying “Never have I ever…” followed by something they have never done. Anyone who has done that action must drink.
3. The game continues until all the cards have been drawn and the central cup is filled with various drinks. The last person to draw the final card must drink the entire concoction in the central cup.
Kings is not only a fun drinking game but also a great way to get to know your fellow bar patrons. The card variations and creative penalties keep the game exciting and unpredictable.
If you’re looking for a low-key and easy-to-learn drinking game for a bar or pub, Quarters is an excellent choice. All you need is a stack of quarters and a shot glass.
1. Players take turns trying to bounce a quarter off the table and into the shot glass.
2. If a player successfully lands the quarter in the shot glass, they get to choose another player who must drink.
3. If a player fails to make the quarter into the shot glass, they continue playing until they succeed.
4. The game continues, with players taking turns until everyone has had a chance to bounce the quarter.
Quarters is a versatile game that can be played at any bar or pub as it requires minimal space and equipment. It offers a great opportunity for friendly competition and can easily be tailored to fit the vibe of your group.
When it comes to drinking games, bars and pubs provide a unique and lively environment to add an extra layer of fun to any night out. Whether you opt for the classic Flip Cup Challenge, adapt Beer Pong for a pub setting, play the card-based Kings, or aim for precision in Quarters, these games guarantee a memorable time. Just remember to drink responsibly and always be mindful of those around you. So next time you find yourself at a bar or pub, gather your friends, order some drinks, and let the games begin! Cheers!