Welcome, fellow game enthusiasts! If you’re new to the world of drinking games, you’ve come to the right place. As a recent college graduate and fraternity member, I have spent many memorable nights engaging in friendly competition and camaraderie over a round of drinks. In this article, I’ll be sharing some easy drinking games that are perfect for beginners looking to have a great time with their friends.
Let’s kick things off with a classic favorite: Flip Cup. This game is a staple at college parties and a perfect choice for beginners due to its simplicity. Here’s how it works:
- Divide players into two even teams and arrange them into two parallel lines facing each other.
- Each player has their own solo cup filled with an equal amount of their drink of choice.
- The game starts with the first player in line chugging their drink and then attempting to flip the cup upside down by flicking its rim with their finger. Once the cup is successfully flipped, the next player in line can start.
- The first team to complete flipping all of their cups wins the game.
Flip Cup is fast-paced and encourages teamwork, making it an ideal game to get the party started. Plus, it’s easy to set up and requires minimal equipment – just cups and drinks.
No list of drinking games for beginners would be complete without mentioning one of the most iconic and popular choices – Beer Pong. This game is perfect for those who want to test their aim and coordination while having a blast with friends.
Here’s how to play:
- Set up a table with 6 or 10 cups arranged in a triangle at each end.
- Fill each cup with beer, leaving enough space for the ball to land without overflowing.
- Players take turns throwing one ping pong ball towards the opponent’s cups, attempting to land it inside.
- If a ball successfully lands in a cup, the opposing team must drink the contents of that cup.
- The game continues until one team eliminates all of their opponent’s cups.
Beer Pong is not only a great way to improve your hand-eye coordination but also provides ample opportunity for friendly competition and celebration. Just remember to drink responsibly and know your limits!
If you’re looking for a drinking game that offers some variety and unpredictability, then Kings is the game for you. This popular card-based game is known for its entertaining rules and ability to get everyone involved.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A deck of cards
- A large cup or “King’s Cup”
To play Kings:
- Spread the deck of cards face-down in a circle around the King’s Cup.
- Each player takes turns drawing a card and follows the corresponding rule. Here are a few examples:
|Ace||Waterfall – Everyone begins drinking, and no one can stop until the person to their right stops.|
|Two||You – Choose someone to take a drink.|
|Three||Me – The person who drew the card takes a drink.|
The game continues until all the cards have been drawn or everyone feels like they’ve had enough. Kings offers endless entertainment, especially as players begin to feel the effects of the drinks. Just remember to drink responsibly and have fun!
Looking for a game that combines skill and precision? Quarters might be the perfect choice for you. All you need is a quarter and a shot glass.
Here’s how to play:
- Arrange players in a circle around a table.
- Each player takes turns trying to bounce the quarter off the table and into the shot glass placed in the center.
- If successful, the player chooses another player to drink.
- If unsuccessful, play passes to the next person.
- The game continues until players decide to stop or they run out of drinks.
Quarters is a simple yet addictive game that can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels. Plus, it’s a great way to liven up any party!
Whether you’re hosting a game night with friends or looking for some fun at a college party, these easy drinking games for beginners are sure to provide laughs, friendly competition, and unforgettable memories. From the classic Flip Cup to the skillful Quarters, there’s a game on this list for everyone.
Remember to drink responsibly, know your limits, and prioritize the enjoyment and safety of everyone involved. Cheers to a night filled with laughter, camaraderie, and a little friendly competition!