When it comes to pre-gaming, you want to kickstart the night with a bang. A great way to do that is by incorporating drinking games into your pre-party festivities. Drinking games not only add an element of fun and competition to the mix, but they also help to get everyone in the party mood. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or getting ready to hit the bars with a large group, there are plenty of pre-game drinking games that are sure to get the party started. In this article, we’ll dive into some classic and innovative drinking games that will set the tone for a memorable night.
Flip Cup is undoubtedly one of the most popular drinking games to play during pre-gaming sessions. A staple at college parties and tailgate events, this game is not only easy to learn but also guarantees a good time. For Flip Cup, you’ll need a large table, plastic cups, and some beer.
Here’s how it works: Divide your group into two teams and have each player stand on one side of the table, facing their teammates. Each player starts with a cup filled with beer. The game begins with the first players from each team chugging their beer and then attempting to flip the cup upside down by flicking the rim with their fingers. Once the cup successfully lands upside down, the next player on the team can begin. The first team to complete flipping all their cups wins!
Tips for a Successful Flip Cup Game:
- Ensure there is enough space on the table for everyone to flip their cups without knocking over others’ cups.
- Use disposable plastic cups to prevent any accidents or broken glass.
- Consider using the same amount of beer in each cup to keep it fair and consistent.
- Encourage teamwork and coordination within your team to maximize efficiency.
Kings, also known as King’s Cup or Circle of Death, is a classic drinking game that is ideal for pre-gaming sessions. To play Kings, you’ll need a deck of cards and a large cup placed in the center of the table.
Here’s how it works: Arrange the cards face down in a circle around the cup. Each card has a specific rule associated with it. For example, a 2 could mean “you,” where the person who drew it chooses someone to drink. A 5 could mean “never have I ever,” where everyone who has done the mentioned action takes a sip. The person who draws a king must pour a portion of their drink into the center cup. The player who draws the fourth king must chug the entire cup, often resulting in hilarious consequences!
Tips for a Fun-Filled Kings Game:
- Be creative with the rules associated with each card. Tailor them to suit your group’s preferences and sense of humor.
- Keep the game flowing by having designated players handle the shuffling and dealing of cards.
- Consider adding additional rules or special cards to spice up the gameplay, such as “T-Rex arms” (players must keep their elbows tucked in) or “truth or dare” cards.
- Keep plenty of extra beverages handy, as things can get quite thirsty during a lively game of Kings.
Beer Pong is a timeless classic that never fails to bring out the competitive spirit in everyone. While more commonly associated with larger parties, it can be a fantastic pre-gaming option for smaller gatherings as well. To play Beer Pong, you’ll need a ping pong table or a large rectangular table, plastic cups, and ping pong balls.
Here’s how it works: Arrange ten cups in a pyramid formation at each end of the table, with each cup filled with beer. Players take turns throwing ping pong balls, aiming to land them in their opponent’s cups. If a ball lands in a cup, the opponent must drink the beer within the cup. The first team to eliminate all of their opponent’s cups wins the game.
Tips for a Successful Beer Pong Game:
- Keep your cups clean and free of debris to ensure a fair game.
- Have a designated person refill the cups with fresh beer throughout the game to maintain consistency.
- Experiment with different cup formations, such as a diamond or an “island” shape, to add variety to your Beer Pong games.
- Consider implementing house rules, such as “redemption shots” where players get a chance to bounce the ball into a cup to save themselves from drinking.
Quarters is a classic drinking game that requires both skill and precision. For Quarters, you’ll need a small glass or shot glass and a quarter. This game can be played on any flat surface, making it perfect for pre-gaming.
Here’s how it works: Each player takes turns bouncing the quarter off the table and aiming to have it land inside the glass. If successful, the player can assign drinks to other players. If the player fails to make the quarter into the glass, they must take a drink themselves. The game continues until everyone has had a fair chance at bouncing the quarter.
Tips for an Exciting Quarters Game:
- Encourage friendly competition and good sportsmanship throughout the game.
- Consider introducing penalties for players who bounce the quarter too forcefully and cause it to bounce off the table.
- Use different shot glasses for each player to add a further layer of challenge and strategy.
- Play some fun background music to create a lively ambiance during the game.
Pre-gaming is an essential part of getting ready for a night out, and incorporating drinking games adds excitement and laughter to the mix. Whether you opt for the classic Flip Cup, the rule-packed Kings, the competitive Beer Pong, or the skillful Quarters, each game will undoubtedly set the right tone for an unforgettable evening. Remember to drink responsibly, stay hydrated, and most importantly, have a blast with your friends. Cheers to an epic pre-game session!