College parties are legendary for being the ultimate social gathering filled with laughter, music, and of course, drinking games. These games are a great way to break the ice, get everyone involved, and ensure that the party is taken to the next level of fun. If you’re hosting a college party and looking to amp up the energy, look no further than these tried-and-tested drinking games. From classics to innovative variations, we’ve got you covered for an unforgettable night.
Being a professional blogger for drinking games, I cannot start this list without mentioning the holy grail of party games – Flip Cup. This fast-paced, team-based game requires participants to chug a drink and then flip a plastic cup by flicking its rim with their finger. The objective is to be the first team to successfully flip all their cups.
Flip Cup is not only easy to learn but also incredibly addictive. The intense teamwork and competitive spirit make it a favorite among college party-goers. It’s a game that brings everyone together, with loud cheers, laughter, and high-fives all around.
If you want to add a twist to this classic game, you can introduce variations such as ‘Flip Cup Relay,’ where teams take turns completing the task in a relay race format. You can also try ‘Flip Cup Power Hour,’ where players must drink every time they successfully flip their cup for an hour. The possibilities are endless!
How to Play Flip Cup:
- Divide players into teams of equal size and have them line up on opposite sides of a long table.
- Each player has a cup filled with a beverage of their choice, typically beer or a mixed drink.
- On the count of three, the first players from each team drink their beverage and then attempt to flip the cup by flicking its rim with their finger.
- If successful, the player passes the cup to the next person in line, who repeats the steps.
- The first team to have all their players successfully flip their cups wins the game.
Kings, also known as King’s Cup, is another classic drinking game that never fails to create an unforgettable evening. This game is best played with a large group of people as it involves a deck of cards, each representing a different rule or action to be performed.
Kings is not only a fun way to get people to interact and laugh together, but it also helps break the ice, especially during larger gatherings where not everyone may know each other well. The element of surprise and the unpredictability of the game make it a crowd favorite.
Here’s a simplified version of how to play Kings:
|Corresponding Rule or Action
|Choose a drinking buddy (someone who drinks whenever you drink)
|Everyone touches the floor. The last one to do so drinks.
|Choose a category (e.g., types of beer). Players must go around naming items within the category until someone can’t think of one. That person drinks.
|Start a waterfall. The person who drew the card starts drinking, and everyone else follows. No one can stop drinking until the person to their right stops.
|Create a rule that must be followed until the next Ten is drawn (e.g., no pointing or no saying names). Anyone who breaks the rule drinks.
|All ladies drink
|Pour a shot of a chosen liquor into a communal cup. The person who draws the fourth King must drink the entire cup.
Kings is a game that allows for creativity and can be customized with additional rules or actions of your choice. It’s crucial to remember that the goal is to have fun and drink responsibly. Be mindful of each other’s limits and remember to stay hydrated alongside consuming alcoholic beverages.
No college party games list would be complete without mentioning the iconic Beer Pong. This beloved game requires precision, hand-eye coordination, and a whole lot of trash-talking. It’s the perfect game to get everyone engaged and cheering for their favorite team.
Beer Pong is played with a long table, cups of beer placed on either end, and ping pong balls. The objective is to throw the balls into your opponent’s cups, causing them to drink the contents. The team that eliminates all the opponent’s cups first wins the game.
To spice up the game, you can introduce various house rules, such as redemption shots, bouncing shots, or even themed variations like Flip Cup Beer Pong. The adaptability and endless possibilities of Beer Pong make it a staple at any college party.
How to Play Beer Pong:
- Set up ten cups in a triangle formation at each end of a long table, with the point facing the opposing team.
- Fill the cups partially with beer or a preferred beverage.
- Teams take turns throwing a ping pong ball at the other team’s cups, attempting to land the ball inside.
- If a ball lands in a cup, the opposing team must drink the contents of that cup and remove it from the table.
- The game continues until one team eliminates all the opponent’s cups.
- The losing team must drink all the remaining cups on the winning team’s side.
Quarters is a simple yet entertaining drinking game that requires nothing more than a quarter, a flat surface, and some cups. It’s a fast-paced game that tests your precision and reflexes as players take turns trying to bounce the quarter into a cup.
This game gets increasingly challenging as the cups fill up. Miss a shot, and it’s time to drink! Quarters is great for smaller groups or as a game to play while socializing and enjoying each other’s company.
How to Play Quarters:
- Arrange several cups filled with beer or a preferred beverage in the center of a table.
- Players take turns attempting to bounce the quarter off the table and into one of the cups.
- If a player succeeds, they choose another player who must drink the contents of the cup.
- If a player fails to land the quarter in a cup, they must drink from one of the cups.
- The game continues until all the cups are empty or players decide to stop.
Drinking games are a fantastic way to add excitement and camaraderie to college parties. Whether you’re getting the party started with Flip Cup, breaking the ice with Kings, or challenging your aim with Beer Pong and Quarters, these games are sure to create unforgettable memories.
Remember, while the objective of these games is enjoyment and friendly competition, it’s important to drink responsibly and know your limits. Always prioritize the safety and well-being of yourself and others.
So, the next time you’re attending or hosting a college party, be sure to incorporate these games to guarantee an epic and legendary night. Cheers!